• Improving the fitness and health of specific social groups.
• Addressing issues of community safety and reducing levels of vandalism and crime.
• Contributing to improved school attendance/educational performance.
• Developing social and technical skills and increasing employability.
• Contributing to community development and regeneration.
Current Aspirations Sports Projects
•Distribution of sports equipments such as Cricket bats, soft and hardballs, cricket gear, Badminton equipments, Volleyballs and Netballs for Okkampitiya Maha Vidyalaya.
•Netballs, volleyballs and cricket tournament kits for women cricket team of Kandegama KV, Ridimaliyadda.
•Volleyballs and netballs for Kobbebewala Keerthiratna Maha Vidyalaya
The project requires:
Sports Management, Sports Exercise Students and Public Health students to assist the development and spread of sports programs through the Ampara and Kegalle districts. Working with Aspirations and partners students will design and fundraise for programs that meet the goals and criterion outlined above. You may be invited to participate to the multinational Project team travelling to Sri Lanka in January 2015.